It seems like we have been in this so much longer than four days, but I mean that in a good way! Things are going well and I am getting more and more comfortable, but also more and more excited to get to the place I will be for the next six months. At the same time, I don't want to miss out on what I can learn and experience here. I read in Joshua this morning about the crossing of the Jordan. That was not their destination, but a resting place. In that place, however, Dad did a mighty work, and they were able to look back and remember His faithfulness. I'm confident He can move the same way here. We are being sent out on community projects later this week, and that will be a great opportunity to use some of the things we are learning to impact this city. Be lifting us up during that time!
I am so thankful to be surrounded by such a great group of students. We are having an amazing time getting to know each other, but also learning from the other's experiences and gifts. Part of that fun has been exploring the city together. I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of it with you.
The first couple are of a "less busy" market we visited last week to shop for clothes. I thought it was crowded until I visited another on Sunday to look for a sari for a friend. I don't have words to describe it, and unfortunately, the camera didn't make it to that one. You'll just have to use your imagination :)



The last one made me smile when I saw it in a grocery store. Hope it does the same for you! I'm sure it will be the first of many. Love to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment