Three days a week are spent with some pretty amazing kids. It's been so much fun getting to know and work with them over the past few months. And even more exciting... two joined the family this week! Definitely join me in thanking Him for that!!
Outside the grocery store one afternoon, I noticed one of the trees shaking a little. Then I saw three monkeys enjoying themselves. I have to say... they must some of the smart ones to chose the place where the keep all the food to hang out. I'd be lying if I said I was used to seeing these animals all over the place. I must still be entertained if I pull my camera out :)
Walking down this street, I ran into this huge group of guys standing on the sidewalk. Typically, I would avoid that situation at all costs, but I didn't know if it was a fight or a meeting or an emergency, and my curiosity got the best of me. Turns out it was an electronics store and the guys were watching a cricket match through the window. A little anti-climatic, but worth a laugh.
I spent some time at a friend's house today and got to meet a few of her nieces. Taking pictures of each other was a fun way to overcome the language barrier.
Because good Mexican food is rare in this part of the world, the opening of this restaurant in our city was a pretty big deal to the Americans I know. Apparently it is a big deal to other people too, because half of the country was in the restaurant while we were. Despite a little South Asian twist, it was pretty close to the original and well worth the wait.
And finally...
The friend that shares so many of these adventures with me. So thankful for you!
Hey, Sweetie! I enjoyed reading your blog and my friends will too when I print it and take it them. Thank you for the glimpse into one of your days.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs,
Mimi
Thanks for the pics. Love to see what you are experiencing. Love YOU even more!
ReplyDelete