Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To my Sweet/Tootsie Rolls



You blew me away last night. I was just going to dinner, but apparently y'all had different plans. Thank you for that, but more importantly, thank you for doing life together this past year. There is no one else I would rather walk and learn and laugh alongside. You are each incredible women with so much sass and passion and love for the Lord and those He's given you. It's a miracle I did not become a blubbering mess last night, and I would prefer to avoid that today as well.

I thought the most appropriate way to express my heart would be to take a country song completely out of context and dedicate it to you. Every time this song comes on the radio, I ignore the verses and thank Jesus for you and your friendship when the chorus comes around. I'm not really sure why I always think of the Sweet Rolls when I hear it, but know that you will always be "my people".

These are my people
This is where I come from
We're givin' this life everything we got and then some
It ain't always pretty
but it's real
It's the way we were made
Wouldn't have it any other way
These Are My People

We fall Down and we get up
We walk proud and we talk tough
We got heart and We got nerve
Even If we are a bit disturbed


Thank you Rodney Atkins. Thank you girls. And thank you, Father, for meeting our needs far beyond our hopes and expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment