1. Music- The Music City thing makes complete sense. There is live music everywhere, and lots of it is the country or singer/songwriter type. Both of those make me happy. And if you haven't already, listen to Ten out of Tenn. One of my new faves. On a similar note, The Grand Ole Opry is pretty incredible.
2. Franklin- I work in the cutest town I've ever seen. Don't argue with me on this. It's true. I need to do more exploring, but I've had amazing experiences so far. Let me prove it's cute factor is off the charts.

3. Green- It's my favorite color, and on the way to Franklin everyday, I see lots of green. Lots of grass and trees, none of which are of the palm variety. It's lovely. And Southern. And I feel like I breathe better.
4. Work- It's fun. And the people there are fun. And lots of adopted babies come by to say hi.
5. Shopping- I wasn't supposed to shop for a while after I got here, but some shops can't be resisted. Case in point: Francesca's. I realize those of you in Florida may not have experienced the amazing (yet reasonably priced) clothes and jewelry, but that is all the more reason to come visit. I promise I'll take you.
6. Fireflies- I get to see these little beauties every night. They make me smile.
7. Kroger- It's cheaper than Publix. Who knew??
Part of my reasoning behind this list was selfish. I needed a reminder of the wonderful things that make living here a quite pleasant adventure. I have to be honest though... they don't make up for the relationships I am missing. Especially today. Sundays are the toughest, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.
So many of the relationships I treasure center around church and our faith. As thankful as I am for the church I am attending here and the new friendships that are being formed, community does not happen instantly. So much of me wants to lift my voice with voices I know. To pray alongside hearts I cherish. To teach the preschoolers I love.
Sundays are also quiet. Having time to stop and think isn't always the best thing during this season.
Hard doesn't mean it's bad though. I was reminded of this truth over and over this morning. Hard means I'm going to end up looking more like my Savior. Hard means He will be glorified. Hard means that others will know Him intimately. That means hard is worth it.
I knew this new journey would have hard days, but I'm so thankful He led me here. That's why the fireflies and beautiful melodies and farmland and cute towns are such sweet reminders of His faithfulness and purpose.
I'm glad you're here!!! and that you are listening to Ten out of Tenn :)
ReplyDeleteI'm in love with this post. And MAY-be a little choked up. I particularly enjoy number 3. Every word of it I agree with wholeheartedly.
ReplyDeleteYou are TERRIBLY missed but I am tickled pink about where you are now. Oh, and this post made me mentally try to make up a reason to go to Nashville. True life.