What a week! I have been in my city since Monday, and it's starting to sink in that this is home for the next few months. Thankfully, this is a place that is easy to get used to! The city is gorgeous! Even though I have been here before, I didn't realize how nice it was until I had visited another city in this country. The weather is perfect, there are trees everywhere, and I heard birds chirping as soon as I stepped off the plane. Such a great welcome!
Then I got to the apartment.... I can only tell you that Dad has done so much more than meet my needs here. He has been so gracious. It is beyond anything I could have imagined! I live in an bright and airy apartment with two great girls. And get this... my room is orange and blue! I feel right at home :)
The name of our neighborhood translates to "City of Joy". While I love the name, it's not accurate right now. My neighbors are missing out on the true source of joy. Each morning I hear a call to prayer and walk by temples on many street corners. I see people bowing to idols and offering incense to gods who don't hear their cries. Though these sights and sounds break my heart, they are such an incredible reminder of the reason I am here.
We sang a song the other night that asked "How long before your glory lights the skies? How long before your radiance lifts our eyes? How long before your fragrance fills the air? How long before the earth resounds with songs of joy?". I find myself asking these questions often, but then I see Him at work. He is here. He has not forgotten this country and this city. He loves these people so much more than I ever could.
Your room is orange and blue. I mean, like a Seminole fan? Cool deal.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are doing well - and so proud of you! Make a difference in that far-away place!!