As I drove home from the Christmas Eve service last night, I spent some time reflecting on the past year and where God has me right now. I am often tempted to complain about this season and let Him know how things should be. My plan makes so much sense to me.
But then the Christmas story hit me like it never has before. If it was up to me, I would have orchestrated Christ's long-awaited arrival so much differently. I would have made sure Jesus came to fanfare and everyone would be aware of who He was and why He was here. They would treat Him with the honor He is due. It would be important dignitaries there celebrating, instead of lowly shepherds. He would be born in a penthouse suite, not spending His first night in a manger.
His plan was so much better than mine. He showed His indescribable love, His humility, and that He came FOR ALL PEOPLE. He came for the humble, the poor, the sick. Those in India's slums. Those in China's orphanages. Those with earthly blessings, and those whose blessings are yet to come. After the past year, this truth brings incredible joy to my heart.
What would I be missing if I got my way? What blessings would I miss out on if we went with my logical plan?
I choose to wait. To trust when it doesn't make sense. To allow His glory to be revealed in unexpected ways. And to celebrate this Christmas with more gratitude and praise than I ever have before.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment