I thought I was prepared. I read statistics and hear stories everyday. Haiti is my job, but it hasn't been my heart. That is beginning to change.
I have been to third world countries. I even lived in one. But I wasn't at all prepared for this. Haiti is often considered a fifth world country. Try to wrap your mind around that.
I knew there would be poverty. Destruction. Hopelessness. But I didn't expect to see such beauty. Smiles. Hope. Strength. God's sovereignty over all of it. The juxtaposition of all of these things blew me away.
My words will never be adequate. My feeble photography attempts aren't either, but it's a step closer.
Oh, Jaimee! I have a lump in my throat. I CANNOT wait to hear about your experience, how God is moving in your heart, and details about the unbearable cuteness of the little girl with yellow ribbons in her hair! Love you much!
ReplyDelete