Thursday, January 12, 2012

If Only

I have dreaded this day since I moved to Nashville.

Don't get me wrong. This girl loves the snow... on vacation. But it has been a long time since I have lived in a place that had a real winter. I can ski in the stuff all day, but driving in it? Real life and snow did not sound like a good combination. I have been terrified for months.



But as the huge flakes started falling today, there wasn't any fear at all. If only I had known the giddy joy I would feel. Laughter started as soon as I saw it out the window. I ran downstairs with my co-workers just to stand in it. I felt like I lived in a snow globe as I drove home from work, and the smile didn't leave my face the entire time.



And the joy came home with me. I wrapped myself up in a blanket, lit candles, and turned on the coffee to prepare for a lovely night inside.



It's been a day of beauty... wonder... gratitude.

If only I had known.

No comments:

Post a Comment