Monday, June 28, 2010

Sharing Thoughts

Part of me is terrified to return to the States. I know the Lord has changed my heart in ways I will never be able to express. But I have no idea how these changes will translate into life at home. How others will respond to the ways I am different. How I will be able to sum up six months in a matter of minutes. How Dad will continue the good work He has started.

I also know that He has called me back for this season. And His faithfulness will continue.

Those of you that know me know my heart for orphans and adoption. It shouldn't surprise you that I read the blogs of adoptive families often and rejoice with them in the Father's redemption of these sweet children. I was surprised, however, that one of these moms so perfectly captured some of my emotions during her time in Ethiopia. Her thoughts and prayers so much remind me of my own. So I wanted to share them with you.

Maybe this will help you understand why I can't return to life as it has been. Why this place will always be a part of me. Why I have fallen so much in love with these people.

3 comments:

  1. wow jaimee. we need to get together when you get back! i can't wait to hear all that God has done and will continue to do through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I cannot wait to hear more about your heart for adoption! Lunch date fun-ness to be had soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The response will be open arms and hearts. No need to wonder on that account.
    so anxious to hug you!

    ReplyDelete